Almond Butter vs Peanut Butter

threeloaves

Peanut Butter fo' sho'. I get mine freshly ground from The Fresh Market. No name brand. no salt or sugars or even oils added. Pb Loco isnt too bad. They have crazy flavors.
Never heard of pbloco. They do have some interesting flavors. Peanut Butter and Co. is some good stuff. I've tried "The heat is on" and "Cinnamon Raisin Swirl". Lately i've just been buying trader joe's valencia peanut butter.

Smuckers Natural crunchy is my favorite...one of the few things I think taste better than an organic counterpart....although due to this I don't really buy it.

I'd rather eat almond butter due to health reasons but due to price and the fact that I like peanut butter more...I never really buy almond butter.

I'd rather eat almond butter due to health reasons but due to price and the fact that I like peanut butter more...I never really buy almond butter.
exactly. Every time Im at the grocery store i want to buy almond butter, but the price always deters me. I only had it once, and if i remember correctly it sort of resembled particle board.

close one. considering i grew up on peanut butter, then learned from a gf long time ago that Britney spears used almond butter for healthy fat and started to use that, I gained much love for it.

I'm going to have to go with Almond Butter (Marantha, Organic Creamy and Raw).

It can be a pain in the butt to find raw peanut butter (i'm a raw foodist), they don't always stock it on the shelves which is another reason.

Although, according to Mr. Wolfe, peanuts are a big biiiiiiiig no no b/c of the aflatoxins in all of them. Except for the ones that he and only he happens to carry, the wild jungle peanuts and now wild jungle peanut butter. I don't really care to buy $25.00 per lb peanut butter plus shipping online, it's a hard sale.

I'll stick with my almond butter and occasional butter whenever I find it raw, which is not often. Only problem it isn't always so cheap either so I usually wait till it's on sale for like 12 bucks and grab a couple.

Except for the ones that he and only he happens to carry, the wild jungle peanuts and now wild jungle peanut butter. I don't really care to buy $25.00 per lb peanut butter plus shipping online, it's a hard sale.

hahaaha, are you serious?

Almond Butter (Marantha, Organic Creamy and Raw). Wish they made a chuncky version. Anyway, I love this stuff with some sea salt sprikled on it. I eat over 2 jars a week.

I have tried different peanut butters in order to find one i like, because it is cheaper, but i just don't like peanut butter.

Almond Butter (Marantha, Organic Creamy and Raw). Wish they made a chuncky version. Anyway, I love this stuff with some sea salt sprikled on it. I eat over 2 jars a week.

I have tried different peanut butters in order to find one i like, because it is cheaper, but i just don't like peanut butter.

That's the one I was going to try. I think I might get the regular Creamy, and Raw though. It's about $5 cheaper.

• 1 month later...

I really love peanut butter. I never had almond butter but I will soon... (well, after summer, too much fat and calories). But can peanut butter be raw too, or is it always made with roasted peanuts?

Peanuts are a more complete protein than almonds.

Almond butter is more expensive.

But: almonds are alkalinizing, the only alkaline nut in fact.

While peanuts are very acidic, more than any other nuts. Well, that's what I've read.

I like the flavor of peanut butter but I sometimes have an allergic reaction to it, sometimes not. Occasionally I'll eat some but it's really not worth the chance of a reaction for it.... so I opt for almond butter most of the time but I haven't found one I like best yet. My most recent jar purchased is Barney Butter. It has cane sugar and palm oil so it's not my top choice health-wise, also it is supposed to be no stir but it definitely separates.... and it's not organic I mostly just get a little bit at a time of fresh ground almond butter from the machine, but that's not organic either.

I'll have to say Peanut Butter. I haven't tried any Almond Butter as of yet. I will soon when I get a chance. Price and Taste are not on the top of my list as to why I'd buy it. It has to have the highest Protein Content. I always look at the Protein content first. I always buy the highest.

I'll have to say Peanut Butter. I haven't tried any Almond Butter as of yet. I will soon when I get a chance. Price and Taste are not on the top of my list as to why I'd buy it. It has to have the highest Protein Content. I always look at the Protein content first. I always buy the highest.

Dried beans are always going to be the best deal in that regard, especially dried soybeans. I don't normally push organic on people with a budget but if you buy dried soy beans get organic as commercial soy beans are heavily GMO and grown with tons of crap.