I Don't Want to get Bigger!

I've noticed most people on here want to add size and get huge etc. I'm the exact opposite, I really don't want to get much bigger.

I currently weigh in the 230-235lbs range and I wouldn't want to go much higher than this. I'd like to be a super lean and about 235, which will involve adding a bit of size but that it is. I've been as big as 250, and it's just not really practical.

I realise this probably sounds crazy to people on a bodybuilding forum but here are a couple of reasons why.

1. When I'm bigger, I get clumsy and break things. I walk differently, and anything involving cardio is hard work.

2. It's hard to find clothes - I already get business shirts tailor made, as I can't find off the rack that fit my chest, back and arms etc without buying a size that is like a Tent around my waist. Suits are worse, finding a Vegan suit is hard enough. Finding one that fits well is nearly impossible. At the moment I'm saving up the money for a tailored suit, it will be at least $1200.

I can't buy clothes in some brands or at some stores as they just aren't big enough!

3. Eating that much food gets hard and expensive. With food prices going up everywhere I can eat $100 worth of fruits and veggies in a week, when you add on other food and supplements etc it adds up to quite a lot of money.

Does anyone else think the same way?

I am naturally clumsy so getting bigger isn't going to make much difference there. I don't wear dress shirts or suits often at all, so that isn't a problem for me. It will be once I start in at grad school, but for now, not an issue. I spend maybe fifty bucks a week on fruits and veggies right now so it isn't an issue yet. I can see how being big might be a large problem monetarily, but by the time I am big, I plan to be out of grad school with an M.F.A. or PhD, making decent enough money that it won't be a problem. Hopefully.

I don't want to get too big either. The only reason I want to really body build is so I can be sexy and maybe one day get a girlfriend. Because let's face it tight now I'm an ugly mess.

Plus the excess weight would interfere in certain sports I want to pursue. Like Soccer and Tennis.

Although for your Sport Sydney dude I bet the size is a plus. Because Rugby is very much a contact sport. So you'd really KO the opposing team into submission. But I bet you can already do that now without needing more weight Ah?

Yeah, nice problem to have

I've been of 2 minds lately. Part of me wants to put in the physical and dietary effort to see how big I can get but on the other hand I am beginning to like my modest fitness and strength gains to date and wouldn't want to potentially jeopardize that by e.g. focusing too much on body building to the detriment of cardio fitness.

I don't want to get too big either. The only reason I want to really body build is so I can be sexy and maybe one day get a girlfriend. Because let's face it tight now I'm an ugly mess

Now Mr Pink, will have none of that sort of talk in a Thread started by me. It is fine to want to improve yourself, and fine to be aware of your limitation's but referring to yourself as an "ugly mess" is not ok. There are enough people in this world to who are quite willing to put you down, without you doing it yourself.

Plus the excess weight would interfere in certain sports I want to pursue. Like Soccer and Tennis.

Although for your Sport Sydney dude I bet the size is a plus. Because Rugby is very much a contact sport. So you'd really KO the opposing team into submission. But I bet you can already do that now without needing more weight Ah?

Yeah I'm pretty good at KO-ing the other team as it is Size in a game like Rugby is an advantage, particularly when you are in the forwards. I'm already one of the bigger players in terms of Size and Strength (There are heavier people, but they tend to be fat), so I don't need to get bigger. Rugby has become a much faster game in recent years, so you need to be big but also very mobile.

I'm another VBBer who isn't interested in becoming bigger.

Been there, done that. In college I lifted heavily. Did I say heavily? My lats were so big that if I wore a t-shirt without sleaves I would get two red marks from my arms rubbing on my lats as I walked.

I eventually made the discoveries that women are not driven by looks in the same way that men are. Most women are happy with a slim guy with some muscles. Many women also find hugely muscular guys a turn-off. This was particularly true of the kind of women I liked.

I was a martial arts geek in high school, so I wasn't worrying about some guy who looked like he had an air hose up his but kicking sand in my face.

At 511 with a naturally stocky build I never had to "compensate" psychologically for being small the way some men do.

I enjoyed lifting as an end in itself.

Years and injuries later my weight went up to 260lbs. Years, surgeries, and diet plans even more later I am back down to 176 lbs. About what I weighed at the end of highschool.

Having been that large, having had that much fat, and having been that disabled I am happy just to be a tall slimish guy who can workout again.

I don't pay for my food but I know if I stayed big I wouldn't be able to. Its really pricey to eat a lot unless you're willing to eat pretty boring foods. All together its a good thing though. You'll be much healthier not carrying all that extra weight...even if it was all muscle.

I'm little but I'm clumsy! Heheh

A lot of the clothes I wear come from stores that teenagers shop at because I'm so tiny. I think the clothes are meant for girls who are sickly skinny and have no muscle cuz when I put on a small shirt, it fits great on the torso, but is really tight in the shoulders. I'm not even that big so I think this is kinda dumb. MAKE THE ARMHOLES BIGGER! Geez.

I try to pick a medium now. OR if I buy a shirt with sleeves I cut em off haha

I can't find off the rack that fit my chest, back and arms etc without buying a size that is like a Tent around my waist.

I feel you on this one bro.

I actually have the same problem, due as much to my height as shoulder/chest/back girth. If I had to wear professional clothes (rather than scrubs) to work then I'd be giving a nice portion of my salary to a tailor.

In men's stores there are button down shirts labeled as "athletic cut". It is a euphemism for

"not a ton of cloth around the waist for most guys who have huge guts"

I love fashion euphemisms. I recently bought my first pair of jeans in years since I lost a lot of weight. In any size for men I had the choice of

"standard fit"

"boot cut" ( not bell bottoms, but slightly flaired for boots )

"painters" ( baggy )

"relaxed fit" ( you have a gut, but are too vain to pick a bigger waist size )

I bought some new t-shirts from Cafe Pres. Almost all of those are way, WAY baggy. In the future I will either get a size smaller or

"fitted" ( non-super baggy )

I don't really concern myself with getting bigger, for me it's about getting better (faster, stronger, longer). My focus shifts depending on upcoming events, sometimes resulting in a weight gain or a weight loss.

Some sports I do it's an advantage to be bigger, some being lighter is better. I just try to find a balance.

I've wanted to be bigger how a long time. I started at 63-64kg and want to be about 94kg. But sometimes I think I'm good at the size I am now(72kg). Maybe it's because a lot of the women I know tell me not to gain more weight. I can see why - I was more then half a foot taller and had about 20-25kg of size on my last girlfriend and I seem to like petite ladies. Kinda makes you feel a little too big....

Anyways I still want to be a monster