Grand Theft Auto IV

Troy

Are you getting it for PS3 or XBOX 360?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IGN.com, one of the most popular videa game review sites gives GTA IV a 10!

"A "10" is not a score we give out very often. In fact, the last time we gave a 10 to a console game was Soul Calibur in 1999." -IGN

Gamerankings.com, a site that pools reviews from different magazines and sites of video games, has GTA IV listed as #2 and #3, 360 and PS3 versions respectively, as the highest rated game of all time. Heres how the top 10 games (with at least 10 reviews or more) stack up to each other:

Title-------------------------------------Platform---Reviews---Avg Score

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time-----N64------31-----97.613%

2. Grand Theft Auto IV-------------------------X360-----60-----97.606%

3. Grand Theft Auto IV-------------------------PS3------45------97.563%

4. Super Mario Galaxy--------------------------WII------68-----97.274%

5. The Orange Box------------------------------PC-------31-----96.306%

6. Metroid Prime---------------------------------GC-------91-----96.264%

7. The Orange Box------------------------------X360-----53-----96.260%

8. Soul Calibur-----------------------------------DC-------27-----96.259%

9. Metal Gear Solid------------------------------GBC-----18-----95.922%

10. Super Mario 64------------------------------N64------21-----95.905%

I'm pretty excited for the release and I will be at my local wal-mart (the same wal-mart I camped out at for 50 hours when the PS3 came out ) at midnight tonight to grab a copy....

Edited by Troy

dude i'm so freakin siked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto!

I don't know whether to go in and get the game at midnight, or if I should wait until tomorrow...

Richard if you get it tomorrow I'll be at about 50% completion by then

Yeah but Wiscompton or whatever is several hours behind me, so I do get a head start tomorrow morning

BLOODY HELL! I might have to snipe the tires of the wal-mart delivery truck and pull the driver out by his shirt to get a few extra hours of play time.

Disclaimer: If perhaps, a wal-mart truck gets sniped and the driver ends up with a few bumps and bruises from being savagely pulled from the truck and landing on the asphalt, I had no part in the incident, nor do I know of someone who did or would do that.

Hah I won't be clearing it any time soon anyway, most likely will screw around on the game as long as possible. I noticed from some gameplay footage that you can fall pretty far without dying fall off a building, no big deal. Looks real painful this time, I love the physics engine, going to have to try out all kinds of stunts.

I definentally need a 360

BTW. The final poll question is messed up. Instead of saying Neither I'm interested in that game I think it's supposed to read Neither I'm not interested in that game. It seems to not make any sense without the "Not" Part.

I won't be clearing it any time soon anyway, most likely will screw around on the game as long as possible.

Likewise, I was just joshin with ya...

I love the physics engine, going to have to try out all kinds of stunts.

Euphoia's Natural Motion physics is unbelievable, I've been following their physics engine for over a year now... good stuff.

The final poll question is messed up.

Thanks Pink ... fixed it.

was that the really basic GTA that sucked, just like a car with a point of view from the sky?

Yes it was. You might wanna check out the new GTA, it is proclaimed by virtually all video game review sites as the best console game to date. Adios Master Chief...

was that the really basic GTA that sucked, just like a car with a point of view from the sky?

It didn't suck

Carmageddon was a great game though, well due an update if you ask me. I worked with the developers a few years ago, they were a good group of guys. The company I worked for took them over then took them under

No ability to pick things up and smash people as far as I know... you can use the baseball bat or wield the knife.

Be patient Aaron, I had the same impression at first too. The game is long and highly detailed. Story mode plays very slowly at first. If you want high intensity battles go online for anarchy or collabs, otherwise you'll have to stick out the slowness for awhile until you move the story along... I'm at about 25% and things are starting to heat up.... battles with SWAT teams with 3 star warrants, gangs of drug dealers, races, more weapons.

I'm slowly getting use to the game and the more I play, the more I like... its not an instant hit for me like Vice City or San Andreas was, but we'll see...

You can bump into people and knock their lattes out of their hands, then pick up the lattes and chuck 'em at them. Kind of picking up and smashing. I haven't played too much yet - Suz has been playing it non-stop!

they have the lchc radio station. i love it. the soundtrack is really cool. if you listen to the news they sometimes mention a animal rights activist who broke into a lab and liberated some animals then collapsed 200 meters down the road due to protein deficiency