Cold cereal, does this happen to you?

Odidnetne

Is there anyone else on here who finds cold cereal to do nothing for your appetite? I can't eat more than one serving of oatmeal (granted I use raisins, banana's, peanut butter in it), I can only eat a couple apples at a time, but for some reason, cold cereal (organic stuff, not with garbage HFCS) is something that I can eat a box of without thinking twice. Does this happen to anyone?

Hey Odidnetne, I can go through a good sized bowl of cereal without any trouble. Years ago I found a cereal called Uncle Sam. It is pretty clean, has flax seeds and is wheat based but hardly any sugar at all. I add raisens sometimes and soy milk. It's easy to woof down a bowl. You're right, oatmeal or oat bran is often more satisfying.....it takes less to get really full.

Hey Odidnetne, I can go through a good sized bowl of cereal without any trouble. Years ago I found a cereal called Uncle Sam. It is pretty clean, has flax seeds and is wheat based but hardly any sugar at all. I add raisens sometimes and soy milk. It's easy to woof down a bowl. You're right, oatmeal or oat bran is often more satisfying.....it takes less to get really full.

It's not a bowl I can wolf down, it's a box. I've eaten 2 boxes back to back before.

It's not a bowl I can wolf down, it's a box. I've eaten 2 boxes back to back before.

Hey what is the name (and type) of the cereal you are eating? I find that if I eat one of the "puff" cereals that I can eat MUCH more to get a feel of fullness.

Agreed.

I work at a weight management center and have noticed this in many patients as well.

Thus, you may want to stick to the oats.

Not when I'm bulking. I can slam down a high protein cereal and it really aids in putting weight on, but I normally do stick to oats anyway, just because I don't want to blow 4 - 8$ on 1 - 2 boxes of cereal for a meal.

Agreed.

I work at a weight management center and have noticed this in many patients as well.

Thus, you may want to stick to the oats.

Not when I'm bulking. I can slam down a high protein cereal and it really aids in putting weight on, but I normally do stick to oats anyway, just because I don't want to blow 4 - 8$ on 1 - 2 boxes of cereal for a meal.

Get some cheap store brand wheat/bran cereal..

Cold cereal may be made from whole grains, but they are usually made from the flour of those grains, and are more quickly and easily digested than actual 'whole grain' cereals would be.

I could probably go through 1/2 a box of cold cereal (the same a 1/2 a bag of potato chips!) and not feel full.

Cold cereal may be made from whole grains, but they are usually made from the flour of those grains, and are more quickly and easily digested than actual 'whole grain' cereals would be.

I could probably go through 1/2 a box of cold cereal (the same a 1/2 a bag of potato chips!) and not feel full.

oh good, I thought I was just being a piggy. I am not alone. I feel better. I think I can stop before a half of a box. I might eat two bowls tops but It doesn't feel me up. I figure the more fiber it has the more it will fill me up. Should I make some homemade granola?

I normally don't eat it, because is normally is highly processed, but even so, I've eaten foods probably just as processed but have never had the ability to binge like I can on cold cereal.

And no, I'm not a lardass. I'm some kind of Essential fatty acid ass, peanut butter ass, apple ass, flax ass, but lard comes from another animal.

• 1 month later...