Should have done this awhile ago

MichiGraham

I've been looking through the forums for quite some time and I think it's about time I introduced myself.

Just about 5 years ago I was inspired to go vegetarian for a week. It was cake, and I haven't looked back. I've been vegan for about a year and a half, and feel totally awesome! Now I know what those super long words are on ingredient labels, and I can cook!

I played soccer throughout high school, and lifted some as well. My senior year I was working out with 135lbs on the bench press, I slacked off for a bit, and when I started to lift again it was 115, bummer. After a couple years, I am proud to say I did 10 reps of 170 last week! Other areas went up accordingly.

I am currently 155 pounds, and one goal over the frigid Michigan winter is to get up to 165 lean by April. The other is to push my legs really hard, because I bike all summer and don't work them then.

Other than cooking and lifting, I spend most of my time playing, listening, or talking about music. I grew up on punk, then got into hip hop, started a grind band, found jazz and soul, and now I'm on a alternative/shoegaze/ambient kick. So if anyone has any music suggestions please share!

Here's a picture of me thinking about roasted red peppers (not the best pic, apologies)

001.JPG.22bbf8f3941796abd4115eabcfd51f8a.JPG

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Where in Michigan? We're chillin here next door .

John V, I hail from Grand Rapids, where there is either a bar/liquor store or a church on every corner. I guess everyone needs their fix somehow.

Chillin is right, I think it's 15 degrees or something right now.

John V, I hail from Grand Rapids, where there is either a bar/liquor store or a church on every corner. I guess everyone needs their fix somehow.

Chillin is right, I think it's 15 degrees or something right now.

Yep, same here on the church and liquor stores (or ya all call them party stores here).

It's supposed to be -15 with wind chill here today

And I'm one of the host houses for the Ann Arbor gathering .... so a big welcome!

It's a balmy 18f here and the 25mph winds make it especially enjoyable.

Did you know the Veganfitness NA meetup is tentatively in Ann Harbour next August?

No, I didn't, but from reading the veganfitness message board the event sounds awesome! The last time I was in Ann Arbor was to see Morrissey a while ago. I would definitely like to check it out some more.

It's supposed to be -15 with wind chill here today

And I'm one of the host houses for the Ann Arbor gathering .... so a big welcome!

We're -6 right now. I just walked down the street to my friends and turned half icicle.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, Michi!

You're looking good already, I think you can get a really good body in no time!

What I suggest is that you start keeping an online training log here. It has helped me a lot, it's fun and that way you can easily check what you have lifted last time. And don't hesitate to join in conversations or ask questions!

What I suggest is that you start keeping an online training log here. It has helped me a lot, it's fun and that way you can easily check what you have lifted last time. And don't hesitate to join in conversations or ask questions!

Yeah, I've been thinking that I should keep a log. Sometimes I get in the gym and can't recall what weight I used and how many reps I had.

I'll have some questions posted pretty soon.