What Music gets you pumped up for training?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lotta musician friends and I listen to their stuff. I'm a huge supporter of local music. I think the only thing on my ipod that isn't is a Queen of the Stone Age song, a Soundgarden song, and some Lacuna Coil. Oh and the Offspring.

Everything else is SNFU, Bif Naked, the Flairs, Scatterheart, Static in Stereo, Age of Electric, the Smears.

A lotta punk stuff.

• 1 month later...
I lifted without music today for the first time in a long time. It was strange.

I didn't get to lift with music I liked for ages, then finally splurged and bought a portable sound dock for my Ipod to take to my 24 hour gym for those nights I train alone there (late enough that everyone is done for the night). I found that, while I like to have my music playing, I don't concentrate as well. I think that I lift better with the oldies XM station playing as I tune out everything other than my lifting, because otherwise I spend too much time listening to the songs, timing my sets to the right spots etc. that it doesn't do well for me. Weird, but I must be one of those people that just does better with quiet or music that's soft that I can tune out.

"Eye of The Tiger"

" title="Applause" />

I second that! ZZTop's La Grange gets me into running mood too!!!

I actually like this kind of music:

I was in that concert and that music reaaally gets me moving if I ever need an extra. I don't like reggaeton though

• 4 weeks later...

I've had the same songs for years, I'm trying to change them up.

Dre, Tool, Cypress Hill, Pac, Donald Glaude, NIN, Metallica, Papa Roach, Bubba Sparx, Beasties, Eminem, DMX, Ja Rule, LL, Onyx

i have a habit of playing:

Down With the Sickness right before I start my workout to amp me up while i'm making facial expressions without screaming ooooohhhh waa aaa aa aaaaaa

During my workout, I tend to gravitate to:

Tech N9ne

Mindless Self Indulgence

Yoji Biomehanika (thanks to sydneyvegan for putting me on to him)

Edited by Lean and Green