Hello guys and gals

k6

This is my first post.

My name is Hannes and I'm 22 years old. I live in Estonia, Europe. I bet most don't know where it is I've been lifting weights for half a year now. 2 months ago I started doing heavy weights.

I found this site because I'm constantly looking for information about health and fitness.

"Wow!", I thought, "There's actually a comminity for vegan bodybuilders." Up to this moment I thought I'm allmost alone. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my country.

I'm not a exemplarily vegan.

About 2 years ago I tried it for 2 weeks. I ate mostly apples, bananas... ant too little... One day I felt really really weak and hungry and I quit.

Now I've been allmost without meat (forgot one evening what pizza include) for 2 months.

I haven't given up on dairy products like milk and cottage cheese as it is my source of protein.

It's not easy as all people I know are telling me that it's not good for me. On the otherhand it gives me strength to go on.

My ultimate goal is to have perfect body which is about 70kg-80kg and bf under 10%. I currently weigh 63,4kg (140pounds ) I started from 58kg ( 129 pounds) 2 months ago. For some reason I've gained mostly fat... but strength also.

I feel good and I want to go on. Maby loose dairy and replace it with something better. But I need be sure that I'll keep growing... I need your help.

Hi Hannes!

Welcome to our forum

I'm not perfectly sure where exactly Estonia is to be honest, but i know that one of the greatest strongmen in history, the "Russian Lion" Georg Hackenschmidt, was from Estonia

You've come to the right place, we'll be glad to help you reach your goals.

If you want to reduce dairy, just don't eat it anymore - you don't need to specifically replace it. Simply eat plant based food when you're hungry

In the first few months of training, the strength gains are good, but you gain little to no muscle, because that's more efficient for the body. But keep training and your muscles will get bigger, too. If you just overeat, you'll get fat.

Enjoy the board!

I know where Estonia is, lol.

Cool to have another estonian dude here.

This is truly a great site and community, and an awesome forum in which you'll find heaps of information regarding both fitness and veganism.

When I first joined the site, I was a lacto-vegetarian but this forum has helped me to give milk up and I must say I've never regret it.

It is not only possible to be a vegan in our climatic conditions, but also recommended. Improved immunity system usually comes along when one stops breaking it down by eating unhealthy food.

Welcomes!

Welcome k6

Estonia is the most northern of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, right? There are boats that goes from Stockholm to Tallinn. In Estonia (but not in Latvia and Lithuania) you speak a language quite similar to Finnish and as I recall you have the same national anthem as Finland but with different words.

How many rights did I have?

Welcome! I've actually been to Estonia a few times! One of my friends lives there and I stopped in when I was traveling. I was in Tallin and surrounding cities. I really like it there! In fact, I hope to return someday.

Thanks for finding us. We have a great community here on the forum and we're here to help out anyway we can.

Great to have you here and welcome aboard!

Welcome k6

Estonia is the most northern of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, right? There are boats that goes from Stockholm to Tallinn. In Estonia (but not in Latvia and Lithuania) you speak a language quite similar to Finnish and as I recall you have the same national anthem as Finland but with different words.

How many rights did I have?

Heh, I think you nailed them all.

All the world should know our national anthem from F1. I mean if you watch it and seen Mika Häkkinen from Finland win it

Welcome aboard from me, too! Since I live in Germany I know where your country is

Nice to see that we already have 2 Estonians here. That is a good quota for you small (in numbers) country.

My tipps: Train hard, eat plants!

That made me happyer than i was bf reading your post. Well done )

But about plants. Alhough major part of my diet are apples, bananas, carrots, rice, etc, I'm still going with cottage cheese as my proteins... I'm allmost through with my 12 week cycle. I want to know what works and does not for me. Cottage cheese has helped me to gain. I keep detailed statistics about my bodyfat and overall weight.

I'll see what happens with nuts and peas on my next 12 week cycle.

My only concern is that I'll not able to divide proteins, carbs and fats as I need to. 30% protein, 40% carbs, 30% fat.

But about plants. Alhough major part of my diet are apples, bananas, carrots, rice, etc, I'm still going with cottage cheese as my proteins... I'm allmost through with my 12 week cycle. I want to know what works and does not for me. Cottage cheese has helped me to gain. I keep detailed statistics about my bodyfat and overall weight.

I'll see what happens with nuts and peas on my next 12 week cycle.

My only concern is that I'll not able to divide proteins, carbs and fats as I need to. 30% protein, 40% carbs, 30% fat.

IMHO it is not necessary to eat in a e.g. 30/40/30-way.

Eat all essentials (aminos and fats) you need, eliminate empty carbs and all taht highly processed socalled food, eat fresh and enough and do not worry about the numbers so much as long as you are making progress.

There actually is nothing good about eating cheese or other dairy products. Milk is for the infants of cows. It is not for humans. Maybe you will pay a high price for the gains you make now...

Well, in about month I'll stop eating cottage cheese and eggs. I'll try to be true vegan for a while. Atleast a month.

If vegans can add muscles with nuts, beans etc then it shall happen to me too.

Do you know skinny vegans who have gained lot of muscles without supplements or animal protein?

Yes. Me. And I know me very well. When I became vegan about I gained about 7 kg (89kg -> 96 kg BW)

And I think Daywalker can add some thoughts here, too. There are many others aboard who made phenomenal progresses.

You really should forget about that: animal-protein-makes-me-strong-thoughts.

okay, I guess I could gradually start changing my diet.

I went to store the other day and bought some stuff.

I have

white beans,

French bean,

red French bean,

lenses ( I don't know what these are nor if I got the right word in english. It's called teller linsen in german - http://www.muellers-muehle.de/index.php?mapid=teller_linsen)

and "Black Russian'' Vicia faba L. var. major Harz - a bean

What shoud I make of them? Maby I should mix them all together and make something out of them?

I also bought muesli. It's a mix of all sorts of things: oat flakes, wheat flakes, corn flakes, raisins, dried bananas, riceflakes, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds. I'll eat that on my next dinner.

That`s great! But do not eat too many beans because maybe you will soon have no more friends if you do.

Eat fresh fruits and vegetables as a basis and of course: Eat enough

And most importantly (I repeat myself very often ): Stop worrying about protein.

That`s great! But do not eat too many beans because maybe you will soon have no more friends if you do.

Eat fresh fruits and vegetables as a basis and of course: Eat enough

And most importantly (I repeat myself very often ): Stop worrying about protein.

I agree.

It's like everybody 'knows' you need meat and milk, but when you ask them why no-one can give an adequate reason. Symptoms of some kind of a brainwash.

btw, i'm currently working on a project of a website and a forum joining estonian veg*ns. if it's nearing its finish, i'll let you know and you're welcome to join.