Vegan Vacation 2006

robert

I have to admit that in two locations we could have influences on two totally different communities. That's a point. If you think about a vegan fitness week what would it mean anyway? Do you guys have any ideas already what we are going to do? I have never joined a vegan fitness week so I don't know what I can expect.

Nobbi

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about 25 members of veganfitness met up in manchester (some from america and many from europe) for a fitness week. we did all sorts of sporting activities, lots of eating and some serious hanging out!

if you want more details, go onto www.veganfitness.net and search for the 2005 fitness week (at the moment we are havig a discussion to decide where to have the 2006 event - hopefully i will be edinburgh!).

jonathan

I think we should keep two events.

I don't think there will be an environmental impact from this. Most of us will fly in seats that would otherwise go unoccupied. The majority of people will only attend one event anyway.

Two events will allow more people to come as well. It is very expensive to get to Europe in the summer. On the other hand, summer is actually the off season for the Carribean and should be pretty affordable.

The UK is nice, but I love the sun and the beach. Add in a group of fit vegans and it's paradise!

I think we should keep two events.

I don't think there will be an environmental impact from this. Most of us will fly in seats that would otherwise go unoccupied. The majority of people will only attend one event anyway.

Two events will allow more people to come as well. It is very expensive to get to Europe in the summer. On the other hand, summer is actually the off season for the Carribean and should be pretty affordable.

The UK is nice, but I love the sun and the beach. Add in a group of fit vegans and it's paradise!

Totally agree, and could not have said it better myself, especially the last bolded sentence above!!!

Hey Nobbi,

I have a HUGE list of things, I've thought of this kind of thing a lot and started thinking about it a long time ago. Topher and I would chat about it online in the past.

I've mentioned a bunch of things already in the posts up above.

The BASICS are just to get together and meet in person and spend time together, meeting and hanging out, networking, and learning from each other.

But of course, it goes without saying, that we are going to train, eat, cook, play sporting events, hike, have contests, chill out, travel around, talk with others, promote our lifestyle, etc.

We are going to come up with a planning and organizing committee, and those people will help organize all the dates, activities, costs, etc.

Michael Hobson....I agree, it will be very cheap to travel to the Caribbean, and the Island of St. Thomas is US owned, maybe that will even be cheaper? And there is opportunities to travel to other islands by boat, and visit with lots of people.

Guess what.......one time I was in St. Thomas, and went into a supermarket and found FLEX magazine, and I WAS FEATURED INSIDE! It was exciting to be out on a Caribbean Island and see myself in photos on their shelves.

Other locations should be discussed as well, but St. Thomas is cool, and I agree that it is a good idea to have two events, some of us simply can't afford to go to Europe in summer time.

And it does provide Options.

Thanks for everyone's input, keep in coming!

-Robert

Wow, I am so IN!

I skimmed a lot of the posts since there are so many now - but anywhere tropical sounds absolutely awesome!

What an exciting idea - Robert, I can' t believe you hadn't told me about this yet!

I'll start saving right away - Now that I get such a good deal on rent it's an actual possibility! Hooray for Robert!

The Caribean would be the ideal vacation, just relaxing and going to the beach. It will be a long travel from the Netherlands, but I can travel with Nobbi, since I live 20 minutes away from Nijkerk:)

And a question for Nobbi: What do you eat, and where do you buy it? And have you found a good mayonaise replacement?

Yeah, I'm thinking the Caribbean would be Great! (for many reasons I've mentioned in previous posts).

I also have an announcement. I know it is still nearly a year away, but Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness is getting bigger all the time (with sponsors, selling clothing, making movies, etc.) so we're going to do something.

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness is going to contribute a certain amount (not sure how great or how small) of money for each person's travel costs to get there (wherever it is we decide). It may not be a huge amount, I'm not sure yet, but we'll donate a certan amount of money to assist each person who wants to attend.

We'll also have Free Vegan Fitness Team shirts to give out to everyone and a bunch of other things as well.

That is why I said in my first post on this topic that Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness will "sponsor" this event. We'll contribute as much as we can.

Down the road we'll get an organized planning committee and sort out all the details, and then next summer should be a blast!

Again, keep the brainstorming and suggestions coming, the Caribbean was just a thought of mine, it sounds popular to many, but all ideas are good ideas.

I have some beautiful photos of St. Thomas but they are not digital, so I'd have to scan them. Or just search for it on Google and you might find some nice ones.

I'm fairly busy today, and wont' be in front of the computer as much as usual, but I'll try to post some photos that I find searching online.

Thanks for the input and feedback.

Robert

I also have an announcement. I know it is still nearly a year away, but Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness is getting bigger all the time (with sponsors, selling clothing, making movies, etc.) so we're going to do something.

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness is going to contribute a certain amount (not sure how great or how small) of money for each person's travel costs to get there (wherever it is we decide). It may not be a huge amount, I'm not sure yet, but we'll donate a certan amount of money to assist each person who wants to attend.

We'll also have Free Vegan Fitness Team shirts to give out to everyone and a bunch of other things as well.

Awesome Rob!

I know you have worked long and hard for Vegan Bodybuilding. I hope our vacation helps to push it over the top. What's next? How about Vegan Bodybuilding Magazine?

Michael,

Thanks man, it has been A LOT of work. Even if it doesn't show...it has been a lot of work.

Now we have shirts in over 20 countries, we've been in tons of magazines, nearly 100 websites, on TV, movies, TV commercials, brochures, etc.

It really takes up nearly ALL of my time, but it's worth it. I think the average vegan saves 93 animals per year (some sort of math equation) and we help the planet. We do nice things, we try to make a difference.

After all these years, we're (Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness) finally starting to work on some projects that are pretty big.

I have a bunch of things up my sleeve......we'll see what's next!

But yeah.....I really want to sponsor an event like this vacation and assist people with travel and give away TONS of stuff, clothing supplements, literature, etc. It should be a good time!

And you know me.....there will be plenty of fitness contests, probably having to do with back hanging and swimming, hiking/climbing, running, weight lifting, strong man, endurance, you name it...we'll compete (friendly of course).

Maybe we'll even get some vegan celebrity guests to come out...who knows. It is still a year away, lots can happen.

Thanks for the suggestions/support everyone!

-Robert

Not that I'm SET on St. Thomas (I loved the place when I was there) but here are some images. I just got these from Google searches but I have my own photos of St. Thomas too, I'll get up later.

http://www.hotel-caribbean.com/images/hotels/MAF2.gif

A link to more photos:

http://www.caribbeanmag.com/forum/island-cat19.htm

Another link to some GREAT photos:

http://www.pbase.com/mindymcn/caribbean

Ok, that is enough for now.

Feel free to read up on places like St. Thomas...which is close to other islands so we could travel around a bit.

Note....St. Thomas also have vegan friendly health food stores, free local phone calls to the US, since US owned, and it is a really beautiful area.

Of course we're still open to many suggestions like Colorado and California were mentioned recently, but my vote goes to St. Thomas (for now).

Keep the ideas flowing!

-Robert

Will,

Does that mean you won't be joining us?

I made this at work today when I had some free time:

VEGAN VACATION BRAINSTORMING

Aside from getting the chance to meet in person and hang out with lots of fun, I decided to make a brainstorming list of a few things that our Vegan Fitness Team Vacation 2006 could include. This is just my list…and I did add hanging out and fun, even though I mentioned it in this opening paragraph. Assuming we go to a Caribbean Island, the following activities apply for that kind of location:

Fitness Related Activities:

-Weight training

-Hiking

-Swimming

-Running

-Climbing

-Yoga

-Snorkeling

-Jet Skiing

-Sailing

-Fitness contests

-Traveling around the island or visiting a nearby island

-Strong man/strong woman contests

-Arm wrestling

-Hanging out

-FUN

-Relay races on the beach

Vegan Related Activities

-Shop for vegan foods

-Prepare vegan meals

-Vegan cooking demonstrations

-Share our vegan lifestyle with others

-Put up signs and posters about Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

-Pass out brochures and information to people about veganism

-Practice giving presentations about veganism

-Hanging out

-Taking group photos

-Eating contests

-Recycling

-Donating some time to help some local environmental cause

-FUN

-Distribute Vegan information and Vegan Fitness Clothing to some of the locals

Other Activities

-Sun bathing

-Sleeping in the sand

-As I think Jonathan says, “Extreme Hanging Out”

-Bird watching

-Snake and other wild creature watching

-Taking Island tours

-Parasailing

-Rock jumping (Topher)

Feel free to add to the list. There is a lot of stuff we can do. These are just some of my ideas to get the brainstorming started.

Thanks Nat!

Yeah, needless to say, I'm getting super excited as well, hence the reason I post in this category with new ideas everyday!

I THINK it was Jonathan who said "extreme hanging out". I don't want to misquote anyone because it could have been Topher or Michael Hobson. Please correct me boys, if I got it wrong.

Any input from others is much appreciated!

-Thanks - Robert

Wow,

the idea is developing

I think i'll take part mainly in these activities:

-Hanging out

-FUN

-Hanging out

-Eating contests

-FUN

-Sun bathing

-Sleeping in the sand

-As I think Jonathan says, “Extreme Hanging Out”

No, really, as CG said:

WE HAVE TO DO IT ALL!

I really like the idea of promoting veganism by:

-Vegan cooking demonstrations

-Put up signs and posters about Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

-Pass out brochures and information to people about veganism

-Practice giving presentations about veganism

-Donating some time to help some local environmental cause

-Distribute Vegan information and Vegan Fitness Clothing to some of the locals

We'd have to prepare the posters and stuff before the vacation, otherwise it won't be a vacation

And the sports of course ... This is gonna be GREAT! I'm looking forward to it!

Start saving kollision!! You have to be there, or i'll come and kick your ass! (maybe i'll take Rob and the other guys with me... )

*jumpingaroundexitedly*

Daywalker

Thanks Day and Nat for including me, I feel special Well first I need to find a job, but Im not sure where to start. That marketing aspect in Personal Training is a killer as I cant approach people, I have bad communication skills when it comes to approaching strangers..