Yet another Hollywood moron!

michaelhobson

Why do stupid people like this even open thier mouths, and why do they always work for Peta?

Swain reveals meaty secret

BY: WENN | Tuesday, January 23, 2007

ADVERTISEMENT

LOLITA star Dominique Swain is keen to distance herself from a People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) anti-fur campaign, which she posed naked for - because she doesn't want people to think she's meat-free.

The actress feels terrible when she has to explain to animal lovers she isn't a vegetarian - but doesn't see why she should feel bad about eating meat.

Swain insists she agreed to appear in the provocative PETA ads because she believes fur farming is cruel and unnecessary.

She says, "Everybody thinks people who promote PETA don't eat meat, but I think animals were made to be eaten. I take my part in the food chain very seriously.

"I eat meat, the rarer the better."

In fact, Swain was so tired of the meat-free edibles on the set of vegan pop star MOBY's WE ARE ALL MADE OF STARS video, in which she featured, she smuggled in filet mignon and lobster.

She explains, "I don't think Moby had any idea what was going on in those trailers."

It's just the same kind of thing that most omnivores will have to say. Most people I know are hugely anti fur, but don't think meat is a problem. I always imagine that it's because the omnivore eats meat, and therefore doesn't like to admit to doing anything wrong, even if they think they are. Whilst, it is very easy to point the finger at someone else if they're doing something bad which you are not doing. The people I talk to have never worn fur in their lives anyway, so it's not something they've had to deal with, they feel separate from it, and able to say why it's wrong. Whereas with meat, they are eating it, and so they will not accept it as being wrong.

It's just the same kind of thing that most omnivores will have to say. Most people I know are hugely anti fur, but don't think meat is a problem. I always imagine that it's because the omnivore eats meat, and therefore doesn't like to admit to doing anything wrong, even if they think they are. Whilst, it is very easy to point the finger at someone else if they're doing something bad which you are not doing.

I'm sure you are correct, but why does Peta hire these idiots? That is one organization I will never understand (or support).

I take my part in the food chain very seriously.

Yeaaaaa......

That is along the lines of a bumper sticker I saw today that said..

"Vegetarian: Primitive term for lousy hunter"

hahah...I just laugh at stupid things like that... right, YOU hunt & kill ALL

of the meat you eat. I mean....come on.

On a dorkier note,

It also makes me think of the Simpsons episode were Lisa goes veggie,

and the pro-meat video they are showing at school, talks about

the "food chain" and how we need to be apart of it. Then it shows a human being body, and every animal going (with arrows)into the stomach.

hahah... too funny.

I take my part in the food chain very seriously.

Yeaaaaa......

hahah...I just laugh at stupid things like that... right, YOU hunt & kill ALL

of the meat you eat. I mean....come on.

On a dorkier note,

It also makes me think of the Simpsons episode were Lisa goes veggie,

and the pro-meat video they are showing at school, talks about

the "food chain" and how we need to be apart of it. Then it shows a human being body, and every animal going (with arrows)into the stomach.

hahah... too funny.

I must admit, I would have laughed if I saw that bumper sticker, as stupid as it is, I think it's sorta clever.

The simpsons? Dorky?

a buddy of mine is against circuses, i would think they are anti fur, they will try the vegan food at the cafeteria and thinks its okay, but they still eat the chicken. My buddy is even against factory farming, he thinks is strange to buy food at a grocery store since where he's from he's used to getting everything very locally. I think there are a lot of people that are just more welfare oriented.

I think PETA perpetuates the image of veggie/vegans as misguided by hiring someone who is so misguided. And I AM a PETA supporter - they do a lot of good work and have good core values, but it's stupid stuff like this that makes me . However, there are a lot of groups who do a lot less for animals and have more questionable ethics.

Some interesting paradoxes brought up ("fur is cruel, but I eat meat") - another one is the veal one - if people were really against veal, they'd not eat veal NOR drink milk (nor eat chicken or eggs, etc...)

My coworker was asking me about being vegan and I was explaining the health benefits and she said "I don't feed my kids much meat at all. They're really healthy - they drink tons of milk." Another

I was in a parking lot several weeks ago, and saw the words "vegetarian" on a bumper sticker on a truck. Thought "ah, a person after my own heart. Cool!" As I got closer, I saw it was one of those "Vegetarian: old Native American term for 'lousy hunter" ones.

Or how about the "I LOVE ANIMALS...they taste good" stickers?

I was in a parking lot several weeks ago, and saw the words "vegetarian" on a bumper sticker on a truck. Thought "ah, a person after my own heart. Cool!" As I got closer, I saw it was one of those "Vegetarian: old Native American term for 'lousy hunter" ones.

Or how about the "I LOVE ANIMALS...they taste good" stickers?

I have a habit of keying peoples cars that have stickers like that on them.

I once heard someone tell me they knew a vegan who ate free range chicken eggs.

I told them that they weren't vegan so they didn't know a vegan who ate free range chicken eggs. They were like "oh ok".

Gotta set the misinformed straight.

haha. no shit. However Peter Singer has some interesting opinions on subjects related to that which I dont necssarily disagree with.