Ways to make money quickly

robert

Does anyone know some good ways to make money quickly?

I'm trying to fund a trip to California to compete in a bodybuilding competition in 2 weeks since the one I was scheduled to compete in this Saturday in Oregon got canceled.

Topher and I have been returning soda cans and bottles for 5 cents each and have made about $30 doing that, but we're looking for other methods.

I don't have too many cool things to sell and I don't want to sell things like my camera.

We wear are Vegan Bodybuilding t-shirts everyday to try to get people to buy those, but it's hard to convince non-vegans to but a shirt that says VEGAN across the chest

Any tips are much appreciated.

-Thin Thin Broke Him

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a way to do paypal donations...

Yeah man, set up a paypal account and post it here. I will be first in line to send some $ to get you guys to Cali.

...and before you say "I don't want to ask for money", you aren't asking. It's clear you are a hard-working self-sufficient guy. We want to send you money, we just need a way to do it.

Thanks guys,

I have paypall on the main website www.veganbodybuilding.com and click on products, or simply click on http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/products.html

Some people have just "ordered" a shirt and it puts $19.95 into my account. Others, who know more about paypal and have their own account or know how to pick set amounts, in the past have just donated a certain amount. I don't much about it but I know a few have "bought" shirts to put in a bit to that account.

Of course if anyone clicks on any one of thoese shirts the e-mail just comes to me so I know all the details for it.

And, if anyone does click to order a shirt to put in the $19.95, I'll send a shirt along with the DVD trailer of the film and the other goodies I typically stuff in packages. It should only cost me a few dollars in shipping so I'd still come out ahead with the $19.95 payment.

Thanks for the support guys. It sucks that Topher and Megan have to see me struggle a bit, but they are supportive and have been there too.

All the best!

-Robert

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/products.html

Thanks for the support guys. It sucks that Topher and Megan have to see me struggle a bit, but they are supportive and have been there too.

Um, yeah.....ARE there, not have been there.

We're all broke right now!

But that's not gonna stop us from hitting the road.....California here we come!!!!

Thanks so much my friends! I really appreciate the support. I work full-time and do side jobs to make money so I'm not lazy, but I still continue to struggle. I've been through hard times before and I seem to be going through a slight one right now. It's not too bad, it's just a burning desire to compete when I'm in my best-ever shape and not having the funds to do it, is frustrating for me.

I've donated thousands of my own dollars in the past to all kinds of organizations and people, but I guess at this time it leaves me with the short end of the stick.

I have hundreds of dollars worth of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness clothing in my closet so I'm trying to get rid of some of it for food and traveling money.

Thanks again for all the support, I want to represent Vegan Bodybuilding the best way I can. You should see some recent photos! I had some professional ones taken recently and Topher took a bunch also so I'll post those soon..............or I would, but my computer just crashed and totally broke tonight. It won't even turn on So hopefully I won't lose thousands of photos, tons of important word documents and everything else on there.

So I'm at Megan's computer right now to write to say thanks for the help. It brings me up when I'm down.

I also got a bunch of food donations from my mother and some of her friends.

If my computer ever gets fixed, I'll have Topher post some of my recent photos.

Have a great day everyone.

-Robert

Thanks so much my friends! I really appreciate the support. I work full-time and do side jobs to make money so I'm not lazy, but I still continue to struggle.

-Robert

I hope you didnt misinterpret my suggestion to work at a restaurant as me saying you are lazy and dont work!! OMG I know that isnt the case Rob. I thought this was a given that you knew that everybody here knew you werent lazy.

what i meant was that with your other jobs, you probably have to wait to get paid. But with serving, it is quick money because you leave with cash after every shift. That was your query wasnt it - a quick way to make money.

sorry if i misunderstood

Oh no Nat, I didn't even comment on that. I read it, and then forgot it in my reponse so nothing was directed at that.

I just wanted to make sure people knew I'm trying. I've just given so much money away to different causes that I left myself a little short and then my contest totally snuck up on me when it was canceled from just up the road and moved to another state!

So nope, I didn't mean anything toward you. I appreciate all ideas on how I, Topher and Megan can make an extra dime. We're all going down there to California together and we're all nearly broke!

Thanks for the support!

-Robert

Set up a vegan hot dog cart. There's a guy in downtown Orlando who has one. He gets a giant can full of veggie dogs, heats them over a gas flame, and has a bunch of containers with toppings on the top of his cart. He sells them for a couple of dollars each, and he seems pretty busy with customers every time I've been by. I bet you could make some decent cash with a stand like that in Corvallis, especially if there is a college nearby

Scrap anything I have previously said in this thread, and possibly anything else I ever say in future threads: Willp's idea is awesome! I tell you, when I was at uni, if there was a dude selling food like that, it would have been on, hardcore. Additionally, vegan food does taste nice, contrary to stupid commentary from the public and media. And it smells good. People would be attracted to it anyway, before realising it was vegan. Nice idea!

Ya but isn't that gonna entail a financial invesment?

I say go with richards first thread...i hear you can get cash for donating plasma too.

or find an illegal catering company that pays cash under the table and pick up some extra cash on weekends...they're always hiring and you can usually work whenever.

I'll see if i can afford to squeeze another 20 bucks onto my credit card and buy a shirt...no promises tho! I am one broke vegan.

Ya but isn't that gonna entail a financial invesment?

Yeah if you wanted to do a permanent stand it would take several hundred dollars to buy a professional cart and get a food vendors license.

But if you are just trying to make some extra bucks short term, you could get by with spending about $20 on veggie dogs, condiments, paper plates and napkins, etc and set it up on a card table near a college. And you'd probably make good bank

Thanks for the tips, and thanks to those who have donated a bit to my traveling fund and those who have recently purchased shirts.

I guess Karma is a cool thing. Nearly every person who has donated something recently is someone I have helped out in the past in one way or another, usually involving me sending packages, t-shirts, or just answering many e-mail questions over the years. So it's cool to see it come full-circle when I'm down at one of my weakest points financially, that some positive things come back my way.

Same thing here on a local level. As many of you know, I sent out multiple checks in the mail to help fund Topher's trip out here. He's completely paid me back by doing projects for my neighbors and he's constantly suggesting people buy shirts. So again, it came back full-circle and he's able to help me when I'm down, as I helped him when he struggled to relocate to chase a dream.

I'll post some photos soon. I think I'm in my best ever shape. My computer died and I cannot access any of those photos but I have some I might be able to get on Megan's computer or I'll just have her take some one of these days and post them for me.

12 more days until I leave! One of my co-workers brought in some soda cans for me to recycle for 5 cents each. It was cute.

Thanks again for all the different types of support, encouragement, etc.

I hope to represent Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness well, just like Alex will be doing on the same day on the other side of the world

-Thin Thin Time to Train Him

yep I paid you $150 right away

and Im helping out your old neighbor, your mom, helping you recycle, and Im totally suggesting to ppls to buy shirts.

Once I get a job I will totally contribute what I can to you for rent, and our food and stuff.

thanks so much for everything you have done man.

I hope to flyer for the website around campus and town too once I get familiar with the area.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and contributions! I was able to make the trip to California to compete and it wouldn't have been possible without the help from the great Vegan Family I have here on the forum.

Many Thanks to all of you!

-Robert

did you end up doing the hotdog stand?

also I have a question - is donating sperm vegan? I thought about donating eggs to make money before.. but I was thinking it didn't seem very vegan. I don't remember why I thought that though. Do they use animal research for all that in-vitro stuff.

I didn't research it or look into it really. I just thought that doesn't seem exactly like a 'kosher' thing to do. Tinkering with people - making babies that way - seems like that would start with animal research. Practice before they practice on people I guess though I don't know. It was just a thought I had.

• 1 month later...