Cult of Gemma

I always buy plain and jazz it up myself.

Gemma with Chocolate Soymilk and an overripe banana

Gemma with frozen raspberries and vanilla soymilk

Gemma will frozen strawberries, stevia and a bit of soy silk coffee creamer.

Those are a few of my concoctions. I could have even more fun if I did juice but other than a small amount of Acai juice, I exlclude juices from my plan.

I always buy plain and jazz it up myself.

Gemma with Chocolate Soymilk and an overripe banana

Gemma with frozen raspberries and vanilla soymilk

Gemma will frozen strawberries, stevia and a bit of soy silk coffee creamer.

Those are a few of my concoctions. I could have even more fun if I did juice but other than a small amount of Acai juice, I exlclude juices from my plan.

I'm thinking about buying plain. The vanilla is a bit strange. Not terrible, just odd. Anyway, my main question was the custom mixes. Do you mess around with those?

I've messed around with a custom mix once, this past time I ordered a container of premium flavor to mix myself. Both times I have to say "eh".

Unless you're looking to get ultra low carbs, you're better off just blending it into some soymilk with a banana and pineapple (or whatever you like).

I've messed around with a custom mix once, this past time I ordered a container of premium flavor to mix myself. Both times I have to say "eh".

Unless you're looking to get ultra low carbs, you're better off just blending it into some soymilk with a banana and pineapple (or whatever you like).

Yeah, I normally just throw in some frozen fruit, and water.

Yeah, I normally just throw in some frozen fruit, and water.

Soymilk would probably improve the taste more so that just water.

I think pure advantage pea protein tastes better than gemma, but gemma is fine. Pure advantage is so much more expensive.

Robert had an old container of pure advantage at his house that i was just eating right out of the jug.

I think Pure Advantage Pea Protein tastes like vomit in a cup

delicious! Maybe it was the fact that it was extra old as well...vomit and age..

yum!

Soymilk gives me the farts. Bad.
In my experience, that goes away fairly soon. I work with a farmer/ hunter who holds "fart fest" every few months at work and even when I quit soy milk for a week or so in preparation, my soy gas pales in comparison to his random meat gas.

Weird story to divulge... basically, if you always drink your protein shake with soymilk it will loose its "gassy" effect in a short period of time.

Soymilk gives me the farts. Bad.
In my experience, that goes away fairly soon. I work with a farmer/ hunter who holds "fart fest" every few months at work and even when I quit soy milk for a week or so in preparation, my soy gas pales in comparison to his random meat gas.

Weird story to divulge... basically, if you always drink your protein shake with soymilk it will loose its "gassy" effect in a short period of time.

ahaha great story - thanks for sharing. Just made my horrid morning at work more enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...
not fully related, but i got my order of gemma today (5lbs of unsweetened vanilla) mixed it with a cup of frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup of frozen papaya, and about 1 1/2 cups water, and it is the best shake/ ice "cream" i've ever made

That's almost the basis for all my shakes. I just found a new favorite i think though. Couple pieces of banana, couple frozen strawberries, some frozen cherries, 1 cup of water, and vanilla gemma. Chuggin one down now.

• 1 month later...

There are different sized jugs... theres a 2-3 lb jug which is a "normal" sized tall container that may fit in some cupboards, theres the 5-6 lb jug that is enormous (imo) and I think theres one smaller than the 2-3 lb jug but I don't know what size it is.