Vegan Energy Drinks?

Emie17

I was wondering if anyone here happens to know which energy drinks are vegan.. Specifically, does anyone know if VPX's redline, ANSI' Xtreme Shock, BSN's Endorush, or Spike Shooters are vegan? Also, does anyone have any good reccomendations for really strong vegan energy drinks? Thanks!

yeah I tried the Steaze energy drink, less chemical than the others. It was sweetened with sugar cane. It would be better if it wasn't carbonated though. As for the PH, you'll probably never find any commercial energy drink that is alkaline, you'll have to make it yourself.

These drinks really concern me.I used to drink redbull cos I liked the taste but then I realised how full of crap it was.

If you want energy, blend 5 portions of fruit up with some soy protein powder.That stuff will have you bouncing off the walls, plus your body loves you for it!

Yes, be careful with energy drinks. They can mess up your adrenals if you take them on a regular basis (which means you need one for every workout you do during the week,which leads to months, which can lead to years).

These drinks really concern me.I used to drink redbull cos I liked the taste but then I realised how full of crap it was.

If you want energy, blend 5 portions of fruit up with some soy protein powder.That stuff will have you bouncing off the walls, plus your body loves you for it!

I hear a lot of people talk about fruit for evergy. That doesn't cut it for me. Those steaz energy drinks are about the only thing I've had that gave me a kick in the ass. Redbull never did it for me either - I just like the taste.

My smoothies give me a noticable increase in energy.

Anything more noticable than the energy from sugar, like that from a red bull etc, is unnatural, & unhealthy.

What do you need such a boost for anyway?

Anything more noticable than the energy from sugar, like that from a red bull etc, is unnatural, & unhealthy.

I'm usually completely drained when I get home from work - which makes for a not so great workout.

Ya didn't by chance think about using an "imho" in that post somewhere maybe perhaps?

does "imho" mean "in my humble opinion" or something like that?

I'm usually completely drained when I get home from work - which makes for a not so great workout.

When we drink energy drinks (or coffee) on a regular basis, we need them, otherwise we're tired... Let's not forget that caffeine and other substances found in high dosage in energy drinks are stimulants that affect the motor neuron system, giving a boost of energy not because it's real energy (like the calories and natural sugars found in fruits) but because your brain becomes nervous and hyperactive, like stress and adrenaline can increase performance. So once that stress is gone you're more tired than without the energy drink. Combine this with the sugar rush caused by glucose/fructose, corn syrup or high dose of sugar cane and you have an energy crash a few hours later, until your next fix. It works when there's a lack of motivation though, dark chocolate too. Because like I said, it stimulates the nerves. imho...

I'm not saying this because I'm against commercial energy drinks, I use some but very rarely so it's more efficient than when taken on a daily basis. I remember when I was drinking one or many bottles each days, and I didn't have more energy than now.

Ya didn't by chance think about using an "imho" in that post somewhere maybe perhaps

I am quite a direct person, & when I think I know something, I am pretty confident with it.So no I didnt think about putting 'imho'

Maybe I should have..

I am confident fruit juice is a more safe form of energy than an energy drink because there is a host of scientific evidence to back up the claim that energy drinks are potentially dangerous, imho.

The most solid evidence red bull (as an example) is potentially dangerous is based upon its most active ingredient, caffeine, which is known to be an unhealthy drug:

http://www.alive.com/818a3a2.php?subject_bread_cramb=109

Therefore, imho, anything containing caffeine should be avoided, at all costs.If you are looking for instant energy, have a fruit juice.If you are looking for sustained energy, eat some porridge 30 minutes before working out.It will still be releasing energy hours after you finish.

Let's get one thing straight. Sugar is a source of energy. Caffeine is a stimulant. I hope no one actually thinks caffeine gives them energy, but it does make one feel more energetic by encouraging the body to kick up metabolism.

Here's another article that actually does more than ramble on about a bunch of evils then casually mention that "studies" back this all up. It's not concrete either, but it's written as less of a rant and has the opposite view: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/05/health/05brod.html