protein?

Beware the Optimum Nutrition soy protein if you want to avoid animal-tested things, as they use sucralose (aka Splenda as the common brand name) as their sweetener which was developed with a great deal of animal testing. Also, if I remember correctly, they also changed their formula for vanilla and berry to use dairy-based flavorings in them, so you might want to confirm the ingredients of the flavorings if you use either one of those two. I believe that the chocolate flavor was still non-dairy, though.

Just wanted to let you know about those couple of things!

right now i had a "ON Optimum Nutricion" 100% soy protein

contains 25grs protein 1%carbs to 30.5grs product

Normal Tofu, 100grs: 14% protein and very few Carbs

beans are good too

and SHITLOADS of actual feces too! Even if it's cooked (cooked poo anyone, anyone?), there's loads of it (piss and vomit too). Howard Lyman mentioned it in his last book.

:

Yeah stay away from sucralose imo as it's said to be worse than normal white refined sugar!

Normal sucrose is considering by many doctors to be poison. Sucralose is a derivitive of sucrose lol.

VeganEssentials ,RobertSupreme here only exist choc and vanilla flavor.

thanks for the advertising!!

here soy protein only exist ON and Twinlab.

but the twinlab protein really sucks, taste and are very $$$$

On= 25€ 945grs

twinlab= 20€ 500grs (non flavor)

VeganEssentials ,RobertSupreme here only exist choc and vanilla flavor.

thanks for the advertising!!

here soy protein only exist ON and Twinlab.

but the twinlab protein really sucks, taste and are very $$$$

On= 25€ 945grs

twinlab= 20€ 500grs (non flavor)

are you sure that if you go in a small health food store you won't find a no-brand soy isolate protein powder, even an organic one?

One of the only good thing about living in Canada : inexpensive hemp protein

I hear often that people don't like how hemp tastes, but I find it way better than soy or rice ! It just tastes like nuts, after a couple of times I even like it and take the time to taste it instead of just swallowing it as fast as I can. But off course, the sand-like texture of hemp sucks...

Manitoba Harvest, and then East Coast's Naturals are the best, but I found a new one, Prairie Naturals "Hemp-Force" which actually tastes like strawberry juice, with no sugar ! (sweetened with natural blueberry and pomegranate flavour, as well as stevia. There's also a cocoa flavour). 50% protein, whole food, with lots of fibres, potassium and iron.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/Vegan%20Food/IMG_7022.jpg

I heard that Soy greatly increases oestragen levels and it's always seemed a bit funny to me so I at the moment am sticking to nuts and nut butter. I intend to try out some of that Sunwarrior soon it looks awesome.

Most plant foods contain some estrogen. Most animal foods contain SHITLOADS of much stronger estrogen. Our bodies make their own estrogen that is much stronger than some weak-ass plant estrogen, so no need to worry about that unless you're awfully obese.

Mind telling me then why so many women have problems when they eat large amounts of soy?

The ones getting problems are often the ones that consume processed soy like fake meats, TVP and powders. Consuming too much of anything is bad, I think most of us know that. Consuming about one serving of soy per day is great for women, specially if they are in the menopause (I hope that it' the right word). Problems can occur for various reasons and I doubt it's because of the phytoestrogens. You shouldn't forget that soy is a common allergen and the reason why "many women" have "problems" (it would be nice if you would tell us what problems) when they eat it might be so simple as digestion issues.

Edit: I'm not a big fan of protein powders but I use Free form essential amino acids and Veganique (which is a blend of hemp and rice plus a lot of other non-protein stuff).

Came across this link and would be interested to know what everyone thinks, obviously I do not intend to buy from this guy but the info in the sales pitch is interesting re protein powders.

http://www.proteinbreakthrough.com/

Yes, this is interesting to a certain point. It has been posted here before. I mostly like that he also thinks modern bodybuilding is ruined because of the big waists etc. However I don't think he even mentions that the reason they get so big guts is mostly due to their use of growth hormones that make their organs grow not, as he says, because they got shitloads of protein left in their digestive track.

Cheers for feedback Johan.

I'm starting to think I'd be much better off buying 20 quids worth of organic nuts for protein and leaving it at that rather than shelling out the equivalent or more on powder. Seems to me that there's two sides to all the protein powder products! Can't be bothered wit the hassle of finding out what's what tbh.

I think protein powders are great to have at home and use when you don't really have the time to eat something proper. I prefer whole foods. However if you want to build serious muscles I highly reccomend the use of protein powders, concentrates or isolates. Nuts are also great mass builders though

I think we all are a bit wary of isolated protein powders, becasue obviously they are not natural.

I find that I need it in a smoothie due to time limits, and also it is easy to digest when you are still full from the meal before, so I use Pea protein which seems quite nice & I havn't heard anything bad about it.

Right now I have trueprotein.com mix out for delivery. It's my fifth time ordering from them (100 bucks for 6 month period). And this is my first time working with gemma rice and hemp at the same time. It's 45% gemma, 30% hemp, and 25% rice. Trying to meet the 4:3:2 ratio as mentioned in the thrive diet with an emphasis on the gemma. Chocolate chip cookie dough flavor.

I take protein powder once a day usually, maybe two or three times after a hard workout. I make absolutely sure that I alkalize my blood somewhat after consuming a protein isolate, since most vegan protein sources are chlorophyll-included, gemma doesn't have that and requires the augmentation of lemon juice or a tablespoon of chloressence to not start peeing out my calcium. I start my day off with 1 serving of vega, 2tblsp of spirulina and 1tblsp of chloressence regardless, and that is probably 5 million times better than a protein powder.

Just make sure that you alkalize your blood. Or else you will end up being hairless like a 50 year old meat eater.

Right now I have trueprotein.com mix out for delivery. It's my fifth time ordering from them (100 bucks for 6 month period). And this is my first time working with gemma rice and hemp at the same time. It's 45% gemma, 30% hemp, and 25% rice. Trying to meet the 4:3:2 ratio as mentioned in the thrive diet with an emphasis on the gemma. Chocolate chip cookie dough flavor.

I take protein powder once a day usually, maybe two or three times after a hard workout. I make absolutely sure that I alkalize my blood somewhat after consuming a protein isolate, since most vegan protein sources are chlorophyll-included, gemma doesn't have that and requires the augmentation of lemon juice or a tablespoon of chloressence to not start peeing out my calcium. I start my day off with 1 serving of vega, 2tblsp of spirulina and 1tblsp of chloressence regardless, and that is probably 5 million times better than a protein powder.

Just make sure that you alkalize your blood. Or else you will end up being hairless like a 50 year old meat eater.

Please explain how to (for dummies like me) alkalize your blood. I've been increasing my calcium now that I'm eating more protein. Also, according to China study, veg protein is not as freaky to the system as meat.

I stopped reading that article here.

"Once protein has been denatured, which means it’s been processed over temperatures of around 120 degrees – it kills the enzyme functions in the protein... It annihilates the good bacteria... And these two essential components make the amino acids “alive” or “electrically charged”. In other words, if you heat up the food IT’S DEAD. The nutrition is GONE!"

Denaturation is going to happen in some way, heating or stomach acid.

As if they had the same results. If cooking food in a pan is the samething than cooking it in the stomach, why you bother about putting it in your body? The pan can digest for you so your stomach don't have to

As if they had the same results. If cooking food in a pan is the samething than cooking it in the stomach, why you bother about putting it in your body? The pan can digest for you so your stomach don't have to

the pan pre-digests for me.