Gym rants

That's amazing to me that someone would just photograph you. Most of the real complaints I've heard about from people in gyms, probably all of them, I haven't experienced. Perhaps going to a College gym, and given what college I go to, it just attracts a nicer group of people.

But this works both ways. I'm quite sure I've been ogled while working out. Girls very definitely do it too. I just don't mind it, or pay any attention to it. As long as no girls stick their ass a few inches from my face while I'm trying to lift something heavy, I'm good.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this works both ways. I'm quite sure I've been ogled while working out. Girls very definitely do it too. I just don't mind it, or pay any attention to it. As long as no girls stick their ass a few inches from my face while I'm trying to lift something heavy, I'm good.

Women definitely do it, but they are usually more tactful about it. It is just animal nature.

I look at women in the gym, and I don't feel the least bit bad about it. I make a point not to oggle with drool streaming out of my mouth, though.

Nothing personal Joe, but I just get pissed at those type of comments as those kind of thinking patterns aren't really safe for anyone. In my teen years I let myself being badly abused for thinking like you adviced me to think.

I said "So try to enjoy being oogled at" I didn't say go out with them.

Why do people alway try to read more into what I said?

I'm not gonna miss it. There's no way of justifying such a way of acting towards someone, who's there to train, not as their free sexual object. I don't tolerate being an object for a bunch of jerks, who just can't mind their own bussiness and keep their eyes on the weights or whatever they're doing.

As long as you're not in there wearing painted-on boyshorts and a sports bra, I agree. But if you barely have any clothes on, you're going to get some looks. Also, some looks aren't sexual. When I do a double-take on the young lady shoulder pressing 50s, it's not because she's hot. It's because I'm impressed.

As long as no girls stick their ass a few inches from my face while I'm trying to lift something heavy, I'm good.

ahah, that would be cool if girls would do this with me... but it depends which girls of course.

It happened once more today, and I was on a bench that was about 3 feet back from a wall/mirror, doing shoulder presses, and this girl managed to actually get herself directly in front of me, in those few feet of space between my legs and the wall that nobody is meant to occupy. And she was wearing short shorts, and a skimpy top that showed her midriff. I mean seriously.

3. People blow drying their pubic hair after a shower. Um, do you really need to do that at the gym?

too funny!

But really, if they need to do it, they gotta do it after the shower. Otherwise they put their underwear on and it all stays humid which is not good for them.

I hate it how when doing back extensions, guy's are staring at my ass

Yea guys do that, but I check out their asses too if they're hot so that may be fair game. My boyfriend did it weeks before we met, he still does it

On the subject of men hitting on women at the gym it rarely happens to me.

I once had a guy ask me if I was single, but when I said I wasn't he left me alone. He was polite, and I appreciated him using manners. It was also quite flattering to me because I think I'm the least attractive when I'm at the gym! Lol!

I honestly don't notice guys looking at me cuz I'm working too hard. I check out guys every now and then when I'm there (shhh! Don't tell Silvio!)

But men who take your picture like what happened to HCP.. That's just weird and creepy. At my gym it's against the rules to bring in cameras without permission from the management. I would be freaked out if some guy took my picture while I was at the gym.

And beforewisdom..

Ever see a guy in the gym blowdrying his BODY hair?? Lol!!!

I've done pull-ups in the squat rack and even hanging on top of the thing for cables (ask HCPG she was saying ''I order you to go down'' ) ... Not worse than just sitting on the bench press for 3 minutes 'resting'...

Nothing wrong with doing pull-ups on a rack if there are attachments or if it's the only place to do them. All the racks at 2 of the 3 gyms I frequent have pull-up attachments on them, so that's where all the pull-up work I do is performed.

It's the people who will use it for something that has no advantage that get most of us riled. If you can't deadlift a 60 lbs. bar to curl it, you don't have any business curling it, so for that, the squat rack should be made off-limits.

My current gym is acctually great and most people respect the rules, both written and unwritten.

Once in my old gym there was this guy that always worked out the same time as me. His training was really weird, basically he choose 5 disco excersises and did one set of each to then start over the cycle which means he took up five different machines/dumbbells/barbells etc. Once I asked how many sets he had left on the cable cross-over, his reply "about 25 minutes". I was trying to be nice and said "okay I'll try and use it inbetween your sets", he just said that there was no time.

Stupid prick but revenge was sweet

what did you do?

Okay some more background story first. The only thing this dude worked was triceps, biceps and his chest. Often he walked around with a right wing party shirt with either their logo or a text that said "I love to own".

Whenever he asked me or my friend "are you using this" we said yes, even though we didn't. We said stuff like "we're using everything but the squatrack and legpress". If he asked how long we were going to use something we said "a week" etc. When he complained we said "why don't you buy your own gym if you love to own stuff?". Basically we were being really childish but the dude had it coming.