Where are you sore today?

LocalBrada

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here do "contrast showers" to prevent DOMS? Works like a charm for me. All you do is take a shower after your training session and run the water as hot as you can stand it on the sore muscles for 30 seconds, then as cold as you can stand it for 30 seconds. Repeat a couple of times. As long as I do this pretty quickly after I get home, I don't get sore at all the next day.

i don't contrast shower, but if I do something CRAZY brutal, I'll take an ice bath. exactly what you'd think. 2 10 lb bags of ice, a tub full of cold water, and me. mix all the ingredients and chill out (haha. shit. no pun intended. ok. you're right. it was intended).

BUT, i was here to say that I'm sore EVERYWHERE. except for my forearms and my calves. ugh.

There was a point I done contrast showers for a few weeks. Although I felt GREAT right after them, I wasn't getting DOMs that often to test. Now my legs are helluva sore like all the time haha. So I might start again.

Right now my hamstrings are pretty tight. My glutes are what's really bad just now, I love it!

i love it too, everywhere except my quads when I hit day three and they're still sore. come on, a little excessive. but the results are always so worth it.

idk if hot/cold works for me.

the day i hit these quads, i started out the morning with a lot of embrocation on my quads calves and arms, then went through my day, then did a little training, then tried to warm up in the sauna by just standing in there in my clothes. then i went to the weight room. once i got going, the burning was so intense i thought my legs were going to spontaneously combust! then i went back out into the freezing cold. still got doms for 3 days.

Contrast showers? Sounds pretty awesome. My condition makes me sensitive to cold...I'd just be spasming under that! What I like to use is an arnica cream to rub when the muscles get pissed off.

Today, sore in my back and a little in the pecs. Trying to pull my new disabled body into my old cool back routine where I used a variety of pull-ups as a warm-up, and then started the back workout. I took it from a Muscular Development article...don't remember who it was or how long ago, but I recall the referred to the guy as having a "dinosaur back."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...