Hello from Pittsburgh

pratt

Hello!! I actually ran across the forums while searching for some information about vegan fitness/biking. Really nice community you have going here.

My primary fitness outlet is biking, mountain and cyclocross.

Look forward to reading a bit on the site and forums, then joining in.

Jon

Edited by pratt

Welcome...I love cyclo-cross. I've never done it since I've got a few bikes to build up before I consider one but I really enjoy watching it. Other than stage races and track cycling there's nothing more exciting in cycling(to me at least)

finbarrio

That's a shot taken at Snowshoe West Virginia on a Kona Freight Train.

There was a turn, and a tree, right after that rock. I was going waaaaay too fast and ended up making pretty good friends with the tree.

A bigger version

http://mtnbiker.smugmug.com/photos/97839523-M.jpg

if you've got a couple hours to kill...lol

http://mtnbiker.smugmug.com/

thanks for all the welcoming notes!

oh man, awesome photos. I have an 05 RM Slayer 50, and I just converted an old Giant boulder steel frame I had to a single speed. I ride my slayer for "rock rides", but have been realizing recently, after toasting a rear triangle and a Fox vanilla 32 RL, that I might need more travel

mmm bike lust.

presently I have a santa cruz heckler built up like a tank...sherman thru axel on front, swinger 4way in back, beefy mavics, and big tires (2.6s). It's nice ride.

...also, an old gt avalanche converted to a single speed, a trek 2100 road bike, a lemond cyclocross, a canondale chase.....and I am in the market for a specialized demo 8 (I think). The demo 8 is going to fill the role of a downhill monster. Trying to pick up a used one with an marz 888 or a fox 40

it will never be enough! glad to see there are some like-minded individuals here!

mmm bike lust.

presently I have a santa cruz heckler built up like a tank...sherman thru axel on front, swinger 4way in back, beefy mavics, and big tires (2.6s). It's nice ride.

...also, an old gt avalanche converted to a single speed, a trek 2100 road bike, a lemond cyclocross, a canondale chase.....and I am in the market for a specialized demo 8 (I think). The demo 8 is going to fill the role of a downhill monster. Trying to pick up a used one with an marz 888 or a fox 40

it will never be enough! glad to see there are some like-minded individuals here!

Thank you for posting all that -- when my wife calls me a bike geek, I can now refer to your post and say "at least I'm not as bad as THAT guy!" lol.

My road bike is a Trek Pilot that feels like it was made for me. Love that bike.

Wow, only cycling avatars on this entire page and two of them are very similar. Awesome! Looks like a couple of off road riders and one road cyclist.

Great to see all the bike action!

I'm glad you so quickly found others on the forum with similar interests. That is one of the things I like most about this place, the networking, connections and friendships built here.

Have fun!