Political Compass

willpeavy

Take the test at - http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/questionnaire.php - and post your results.

-----------------

I've taken it a few times in the past year, and got different results each time:

July 25, 2006

Economic Left/Right: 0.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.10

April 27, 2006

Economic Left/Right: -2.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.77

Oct 27, 2005

Economic Left/Right: -6.13

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

Edited by willpeavy

Political:

Economic Left/Right: -5.13

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

and

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 60%.

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 90%.

The political description that fits you best is... LIBERTARIAN. (? Is that good or bad ?)

Edited by Crash

The political description that fits you best is... LIBERTARIAN. (? Is that good or bad ?)

Good or Bad? Um...that's a personal opinion. Libertarian is generally someone who would like little to no government involvement. It's typically associated with more conservative thought. Libertarians believe that a free market will regulate itself.

Ah. Here we go: (from: http://www.lp.org/)

What is a Libertarian?

Libertarians believe that you have the right to live your life as you wish, without the government interfering -- as long as you don’t violate the rights of others. Politically, this means Libertarians favor rolling back the size and cost of government, and eliminating laws that stifle the economy and control people’s personal choices.

Are Libertarians liberal or conservative?

Libertarians are neither. Unlike liberals or conservatives, Libertarians advocate a high degree of both personal and economic liberty. For example, Libertarians agree with conservatives about freedom in economic matters, so we're in favor of lowering taxes, slashing bureaucratic regulation of business, and charitable -- rather than government -- welfare. But Libertarians also agree with liberals on personal tolerance, so we're in favor of people’s right to choose their own personal habits and lifestyle.[/url]

Thanks Tiffany. The strange thing is on that site (the Libertarian Party - lp.org), they have a button to click on in the "About Us" box to take a test for your political leanings and it takes you to the same test that said I was a libertarian. Fishy ? Coincidence ? Hmmmm.........

Johnathan you asked how I got a positive economic score... i think it's the fact that I mostly take a free market stance with things (especially economics). I'm mostly libertarian but have an environmental and social conscience. I suppose my economic score could have actually been higher than it was had I taken total libertarian stances with everything.

About that short political quiz...It's kinda hard not to come out as a libertarian on it. I've messed with it a little and I have found that things you can answer being for which are against libertarianism still won't disqualify you as a libertarian (i.e. the draft, war, gov't regulations, etc.)

• 2 months later...