What Music gets you pumped up for training?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the only time I really like to listen to pop music, nfortunately I own very little...

Kylie Minogue is one of my favorites, also anything drum'n'bass, idm,

electronica, also plenty of hip hop, sexy danceable music is key.

& of course, Depeche Mode is always good ; )

Makes me want to puke! Not much of a fan of Eye of the Tiger . Its up there with music from Chariots of Fire. Something I heard and inspired me when I was small and just roll my eyes at now .

I forgot about that one. Chariots of Fire is a good soundtrack too

For me it's the Top Gun theme... Hey, what can I say... I'm a pilot!!

Steve

'Vegan Power'

Robert, I thought you liked George Strait for lifting.

I do like me some country music, you know that. Just not at the gym. I prefer harder stuff like NSYNC, BSB, and that jazz. Linkin Park is probably my favorite at the gym.

For me it's the Top Gun theme... Hey, what can I say... I'm a pilot!!

I like the Top Gun music too.

When I go to the gym I take it right into the danger zone

What about Iron Eagle, remember the kid in that movie that would fly around blasting rock music

I don't like Danger Zone, but that song that sounds like a rock guitar anthem. I think that was Joe Satriani that played that.

A red blooded American male cannot hear that song and not imagine himself strapping into the bench press or an F14 Tomcat.

Steve

'Vegan Power'

Yes Montana, I have heard of John Petrucci. He used to play for Dream Theatre, but I have never heard his stuff with G3. My 2 personal favorites are Pat Metheny and Eric Johnson. They are both simply incredible in my opinion.

In fact, you will find it interesting that Eric Johnson lives in Austin Texas and is a Vegan himself!

Steve

Vegan Power

Yes Montana, I have heard of John Petrucci. He used to play for Dream Theatre, but I have never heard his stuff with G3. My 2 personal favorites are Pat Metheny and Eric Johnson. They are both simply incredible in my opinion.

In fact, you will find it interesting that Eric Johnson lives in Austin Texas and is a Vegan himself!

Steve

Vegan Power

I've heard of Eric Johnson but not Pat Metheny.

I have the first G3 DVD with Satriani, Vai, and Johnson.

I also have a DVD of Johnson - Live from Austin TX

Take a look at these: (the files are quite large - 110 and 84 MB)

http://www.cdimt.com/DamageControl.avi

http://www.cdimt.com/GlasgowKiss.avi

John plays these on the G3 DVD. They are from his solo album.

Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater plays drums for Petrucci on this DVD.

I'll look into Pat Metheny.

That's cool about Johnson being vegan.

Odidnetne, I can relate to that! I did legs last night and all they played was Top 40 music. Blah! Pantera's A New Level would have been refreshing to do legs to.

Montana, I was a pro drummer for many years and I am very familiar with Portnoy. He is amazing.

Pat Metheny is a Jazz guitar player and obviously not heavy for lifting. But, as far as artistry, Metheny is simply incredible. His recordings goes way back, all the way to 1975. He played with Jaco, if you know who he is.

Is that an older DVD of E. Johnson?

Get the album by Metheny called 'Speaking of Now'. You could prob. train to the first couple of tracks. It is intense jazz / fusion.

Steve

'Vegan Power'

Steve

Vegan Power

John is still with Dream Theatre

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...