Myspace.com

robert

It was an instant decision but a gradual change

It's taken me 11 years to get to this point.

It's not something I believe people should try to convince other people to do this as it's got to be a natural progression from a raw vegan lifestyle.

It's also one of those things where you've really got to wanna do it in oreder to be a success.

• 2 months later...

myspace has kinda rocked my world since 2004. I know it sounds uncool perhaps, but it has been an awesome tool for me to network, get in more magazines, sell products, promote this lifestyle, meet roommates, friends, etc.

I'm in for the long haul

I can't stand it... I hate using it....

but it's where everyone is at....and we ain't gonna educate if we preach to the choir...

To me it's just a computer program. I just can't stand how everyone uses it, and posts things like "a dinosaur will eat my first born" if I don't repost some stupid chain letter. Like Rob, I think it's a good tool for networking though.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get myspace at all !! I think I am probably in the minority though.

From what I gather, you make up a homepage kind of thing and then invite people to become friends. Is this right ?

Do these "friends" then just email you ? and leave comments on your page ?

Or am I missing the point somewhere ... feel free to enlighten me lol

You create a page about yourself, including a profile and pictures, and people then ask to be added to your friends. If you add them, they show up on your profile as your friends. Friends can comment on your profile and pictures as well.

It is really just a place to create a page about yourself and meet some people.

I think the majority of people use it to look at other people's pictures.

You can also create groups or send out "broadcast" emails - so I am on some vegan guys alerts thing which is kind of cool - he sends out interesting stuff.

Oh ok and thanks for explaining.

Not sure its for me but seems a very popular thing to be doing at the moment

yeah I dont get it either, and I did understand it.

I dont like having to be responsible for too many people, as I use the word friend very exclusively. I also am not too excited about folks knowing all that much about me, that I dont personally know. which would leave me with a page a never visit, populated be folks I dont know and people, who if they actually knew, wouldnt brag to anyone about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yo' - I've been MySpacing for a little while now (at a total guess, around half a year maybe)

This is me -

http://www.myspace.com/astropussycat

I've found that the "duh" level there is astoundingly high, and there's the usual sort of anti-veganly sentiment around that you'd expect from somewhere that has so many members, of it's sort..... but overall, I've been posting in assorted vegan and vegetarian forums there so far and it's been alright, and certainly it's a good way to speak to lots of other people online, who I would otherwise never have encountered.