Are you annoyed when "vegetarians" eat fish?

mikkei

I mean, last time I checked a fish was "an aquatic animal". I'm trying to convince a couple of friends to give up calling themselves "vegetarian" if they're going to eat fish: Vegetarians don't eat fish. Try Flexitarian.

Still, that's just second best to actually getting them to give up fish. The preferable choice by far, but you just can't get through to some people.

I mean, last time I checked a fish was "an aquatic animal". I'm trying to convince a couple of friends to give up calling themselves "vegetarian" if they're going to eat fish: Vegetarians don't eat fish. Try Flexitarian.

Still, that's just second best to actually getting them to give up fish. The preferable choice by far, but you just can't get through to some people.

I don't really care. At least they're doing better than the majority of people..

Joe Smith beats fewer women than the average batterer. I don't really know whether the sum total of the beatings he dishes out to his partners is less than that of the average batterer or not, but I don't really care because since he's beating fewer women, at least he's doing better than the majority of abusers.

I don't get that annoyed by it, but it reminds me of Catholic virgins who only have oral and anal sex. What next vegetarians who only eat sausage? I do know one person who is a vegetarian with the exception of eating steak occassionally. She is every bit as vegetarian as someone who only eats fish.

I was calling myself vegetarian even if I was eating fish or even sometimes meat, but I knew it was wrong, I just don't wanted to call myself a meat eater, and I was struggling to quit cigarettes, alcohol, meat and animal products all at the same time. It wasn't an happy period of my life and the circumstances were not making any changes easy but then I moved from the environment and work I was and began a new life and everything went natural and I became vegan easily.

My cousin she calls herself vegetarian and says she eats fish because she would be able to kill a fish herself, but she wouldn't be able to kill a cow for instance. I don't think its a matter of size only, because she would be able to kill small animals like a kitten for instance, its a matter of emotions. So for most people, including some vegetarians, they don't care eating fish because fishing doesn't look as cruel as killing mammals, and therefore they don't even consider that fish can feel pain too.

It's also a lack of informations that people think intensive fishing and aquaculture is environment friendly, while in fact it destroys seabed, terminates some species, kill many fish only to feed the fish that are raised and pollutes the oceans with huge quantities of excrements...

but it reminds me of Catholic virgins who only have oral and anal sex.

Who the fuck cares about fish? Where do I meet these "virgins"??

Ahahahahhaha

Seriously, I was going to post something about taking it up the ass while claiming to be a virgin but DCNINJA was faster. Not surprising he was faster... he's a ninja after all.

The other bad thing about this is that if you are eating pigs, cows, chickens etc, and then you replace all those things with fish, you will require many more animals to be killed. If you think about how many cows you would eat in a year, it won't be many since they are big. But if you eat fish, then each meal you are eating quite a large section of that fish, you may need one, two or maybe three fish a week, whilst a cow would last you for weeks. So in a year, you're eating hundreds of fish. It's better to cut out the small animals first in my opinion, I'd rather see someone eat just beef than just fish.

A friend from work told me she was a vegetarian. You should of seen my eyes light up. I'm like cool someone I can probably hang out with outside of work.

But then she's like I eat fish still but....

I'm like Jesus, well it could of been worse. At least she didn't say I"m only Vegetarian once a week. And eat meat 6 days a week.

Well, I like everyone there who I work with. But it just really hard to relate to others who drink and eat things I don't agree with. There's games outside of work, like Volleyball and baseball. Everyone wants me to join in on the fun. But I won't play those sports anymore.

Could you imagine a Vegan tossing around some leather ball? It would just be like me saying Yeah I am Vegan, but once a week I play sports that involves me playing with animal products.

• 2 months later...

Where is the logic in it?

With our fisheries in collapse,

with lead an mercury poisoning,

with the ocean dead zones caused by all the pollution,

even without the compassion argument it seems imbecilic to do so

Give http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/fishes/fishes_106.gif a chance.

I think it's great that people try to find common ground with me, but the misuse of terms does get on my nerves. I correct them. I say in a tongue in cheek(e) way, "I'm confused, fish isn't a vegetable..." I have yet to meet someone clueless enough to disagree with me.

All jokes about anal and oral sex aside... Wait who am I kidding? I can barely make it through the day without jokes like that... I get the heatlhy argument a lot from them saying I need to eat fish. I get a lot of you "need" more protein. Even as a competitive bodybuilder, I am unconvinced that higher levels of protein would make me a better competitor or aid in my reocvery that much. Usually this comment comes from someone in such bad shape condition that a flight of stairs is a workout, and the post workout meal is a bag of Cheetoh's with a Mt. Dew post workout glycogen replacement drink. My evil internal retort to these folks is, How much protein does your fat ass think I need?" Then I thank whatever salient being gave me an inner and and outer voice, smile, and say, "Do I look protein deficient?" Then next argument becomes that somehow I am a genetic freak or they are a genetic freak who "needs" fish. At that point I usually just stare blankly.

its slightly annoying if they know better.. but most people dont, so its just ignorance. theyve never heard of the term pescetarian or flexitarian.. so its no big deal, i just explain to them and they probably forget 20 mins later

what annoys me more are omni's who want to harp on me about my diet. i could care less what anyone else eats, its their personal choice.. so why do they feel compelled to care about mine?